You can set up your quiz to be played in teams. You can also choose the scoring rules and team names.
How Does it Work?
When teamplay is enabled, players will join other players in teams to compete for points against other teams.
Before presenting your quiz to your players, you will need to set up the teams and the scoring rules. When a player joins your quiz, they will be asked to select one of them teams you have created.
How to Set Up your Teams
1. On the presentation editor, go to 'Settings' and then 'General quiz settings'.
2. Click the box labelled 'Play as team' , and then the the blue text labelled 'Set up'.
After checking 'Play as team', a checkbox will show up below for the option Hide individual leaderboard. Checking this box means that players will only be able to see how the teams' points tally on a quiz leaderboard, not the points of individuals within those teams.
This only affects the leaderboard on their own phones. With this option checked, you can still toggle the individual leaderboard on the presenter's screen.
3. Set the number of teams that will be playing in your quiz and the maximum number of players allowed in each team. If you don't know the number of teams or players per team while setting up, you can estimate a high number so as to be sure that everyone can join the team they want.
Maximum number of teams: 500
Maximum team size: 500
4. Choose how your teams will score points. There are 3 options to choose from...
Average score of all members - Including zero points for those who answer incorrectly or do not answer.
Total score of all members - Note that this rule will handicap teams with fewer members.
Fastest answer only - Only register the score of the fastest answer from each team (even if it's incorrect).
5. Create your team names. If you plan to allow your players to come up with team names, they will have to inform you of their name so you can write it in here.
How your Participants Join Teams
When you present your quiz, your audience will be asked to enter their name, choose an avatar and select one of the teams you have set up...
On the presenter's screen, you will be able to see which players have joined which teams in the quiz lobby...
You can also add a new team from this quiz lobby by clicking the '+ Add a team' button in the centre. This will a new team that players can immediately join, though you will not be able to edit the name of this team.
When you reach a leaderboard in your quiz, you will see the scores of each team. You can also click 'see individual leaderboard' to reveal how each player in each team is performing...