Using the Match Pairs Slide
The Match Pairs slide is a quiz slide type where players must match a set of prompts with a set of answers.
How does a Match Pairs Slide Work?
In a Match Pairs slide, players are presented with a question, as well as two columns of words. In the left-side column are prompts, marked by numbers (1, 2, 3, 4) and in the right-side column are answers, marked by letters (A, B, C, D).
Players have the time limit you give them in order to match each prompt with the answer that it goes with. Players have to match ALL the prompts and answers correctly to get the points.
Setting up your Match Pairs slide:
On the AhaSlides editor, choose the Match Pairs slide and do the following...
Write your question or instructions in the box labelled 'Your question'
Under 'Pairs', write up to 4 prompts and the answers they match with. Once written, the answer column will automatically shuffle itself on the presentation canvas.
3. Select your other settings:
- Points: The maximum and the minimum number of points it is possible to get on that question. If the 'Faster answers get more points' box is unchecked, then any correct answer will receive the maximum number of points.
- Faster answers get more points: Check this box to encourage players to answer quicker. For example, if the time is set at 100 seconds and the points is set to 100 maximum and 0 minimum, then a player submitting their answer with 80 seconds left will receive 80 points.
- Partial scoring: If this box is checked, players will be rewarded for the amount of pairs they correctly match, even if they don't correctly match each pair. For example, if a player matches one out of four questions correct, they will receive 25% of the points.
- Time limit: The time limit for that question in seconds.
How to Make and Run a Quiz
On AhaSlides you can host a live quiz and have all of your participants competing for points. Build a quiz using quiz question slides and see who ranks top of the leaderboard at the end! Video: How to Make a Live Quiz on AhaSlides This video explains ...
How to Use the Type Answer Quiz Slide
Learn how to add to the challenge of your quiz by using a 'Type Answer' quiz question. What is the Type Answer slide? How to set up a Type Answer question The results display of a Type Answer slide Manually accepting answers What is the Type Answer ...
Using the Content Slide
The content slide lets you create and customise text and images. This slide type lets you edit directly on the canvas, so you have full control over the layout. How does the Content Slide work? The content slide is a non-interactive slide, meaning ...
Slide Audio and Presentation Audio
AhaSlides lets you embed audio into individual slides or set up presentation music to play throughout your presentation. Please note that this feature is only available on Pro Monthly and Pro Yearly plans. How does Audio Work? On AhaSlides you can ...
Using the Correct Order Slide
The Correct Order quiz slide asks participants to place randomised statements in the correct order. How does a Correct Order Slide work? A Correct Order slide is a quiz slide type and forms part of a quiz. On a Correct Order slide, players are ...